Friday, August 5, 2011

B90D: Day 24 - II Samuel 22:19-I Kings 7:37

David and Solomon

S: The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
according to my cleanness in his sight.
“To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd. (2 Samuel 22:25-27 NIV84)

O: These verses talk about how God blesses us according to our actions. Thankfully grace is given despite our actions, but God shows over and over that He blesses those who obey Him.

A: I really need to work on remembering to work on my obedience before I start giving God my wish-list.

P: Dear God, I want to serve you and I obey you. Please pour out your blessings on your servant but also help me remember that my actions also determine your blessings. Thank you for your never-ending grace. I don't deserve it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment