Friday, January 16, 2009

Projects, projects, projects...

Goodness gracious!  I've forgotten what "fun" it is to have projects going around the house.  And even more "fun" with a puppy and a toddler.  Yay!  Daddy and Grampa have been working hard since yesterday morning.  Grampa helped us remodel our built-in desk in the living room to accomodate a computer and all the components.  It looks pretty sweet.  We need to get stain and some molding to finish it off, but the structure of it looks nice.  The bottom shelf came down too low to put the monitor underneath it, and the tower had to sit in front of the desk, blocking half of the drawers, and with the monitor out, the keyboard barely fit on the desk, etc.  So, we knocked out the bottom shelf (no easy task mind you, this was a shelf unit, all put together and then hung up!), and took out the drawers that the computer was blocking and made a computer cubby and a shelf for all the plugs.  Boy is it nice!  Now the monitor sits by the wall (instead of right in my face) and the keyboard has a nice keyboard tray to sit on, and the tower has a sliding tray the go in and out of the desk on.  And the cables aren't running all over my desk!  I have been so inspired with my desk that I already completed a layout today and I'm planning to do another one!  The old desk (on the right side)

 The remodeled desk (minus some finishing touches)

Daddy and Grampa installed a disposal in the kitchen this morning, it was completed before 10am!  Now they're working on fixing our toilet that wouldn't flush right, and that project is taking a little more time than they thought.  There were some broken pieces that were hidden until they took it all apart to replace the flapper.  Oh well, we've only been to Lowe's twice, so I can't complain.  
We aren't working Grampa too hard, though.  He's been our supervisor on the projects and is just helping us figure out how to make it work.  He's let us do most of the labor, which is fine with us!  There is no way it would have turned out so nicely had he not been here.  It sure feels good to sit at my nice big desk and work.  



1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys! Yay! I now have another blog to stalk! :) Wish I had your help with the digital scrapbooking ~ You do such a good job. Anyway, happy to be able to keep up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete