Sunday, May 20, 2012

Random Things

Here are a few random things I feel I need to share with you:

Background - I live on a small farm with dairy goats, chickens, pigs and a couple of dogs.  Keep this in mind.

1.  I was first diagnosed with asthma after having a pretty good attack when I inhaled chicken dander.  I've probably had it since high school, but hay and chicken dust really set me off.

2.  I am apparently allergic to goats.  I have been breaking out in a rash on my arms after (holding and) bottle feeding the babies.

3.  I am lactose intolerant.  And I live on a dairy farm.  I can tolerate goats milk better than store-bought cow's milk, and keeping the milk raw does help with digestion, but still.

4.  I'm also allergic to most grasses, weeds, and trees.  And dust.

Does anyone else find that God has an odd sense of humor sometimes?  Because right now, in the midst of a horrible allergy season while I'm unable to really take any medications to get relief, all I can do is laugh.

Despite all of this, God called us to this life.  Where chickens, goats, grass, weeds, trees and dust abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment