Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A few thoughts

If you take a look to the left, you'll see a little timer counting down the days until Miss D arrives.  As you may notice, that number is getting very small, which means that I am getting very big.  And being a farm wife, mother of two, and also being 30-40 pounds heavier than usual is taking its toll on my body.

So yesterday I took the day off.  I fed my kids, we did about an hour of school and then I quit.  I didn't do dishes, laundry, nothing.  I didn't even get dressed (good thing no one made a surprise visit!).  I was determined to give my body a day off so I would feel more human.  And although my house was a wreck, we had no countertops visible, and diaper laundry sat in the basket another day without being folded, my body feels almost human again today :)

I am paying for it today in that I have plenty of extra dishes and chores to complete today, but it feels like I actually have the strength to do them.  I'm not aching everywhere, I don't feel out of breath all the time, I just feel refreshed.

So, if you are feeling run down, schedule a day off for yourself in the next couple of days.  Put it in the calender and on your to-do list.  Letting your body rest (pregnant or not) is a refreshing experience that I think we all need every once in a while - guilt free.

You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment