We were blessed today with news that another little boy will be joining our farm. No, not twins, and sweet Baby GIRL D is still on her way. No, we put a deposit down late last year on a buckling, yet to be born from a friend's farm. And since ultrasounds are still not routine goat prenatal care, we weren't sure if we were going to actually get a buckling from the doe we wanted. But sure enough, this afternoon, Prairie Nights Comet was born and he is a beauty. I will post more pictures of him when he comes home with us on Monday.
While we were there getting a good look at him this evening, our friend J said something to the effect of, Yes, you got your buckling, God has really blessed you.
I was thinking about that all evening. And I know what she meant, and I totally agree with her. Comet was #6 in a string of bucklings born on that farm, his twin sister was the first girl after that long line of boys. And not only was he male, but well-formed, beautiful color, and great, though noisy temperament. We took a huge gamble, turning down a very nice buckling earlier this week in hopes for one just as good from our first choice doe. And God blessed us with a beautiful buckling, perfect for our herd.
But, had I thought about it for a second, I might have responded, "Yes, He has. But I didn't need a buckling to know that." Because He has richly blessed me.
Tomorrow, I get to watch the love of my life baptize my little girl.
I am honored and humbled that God chose me to be an integral part of shaping her heart to know Him more.
She will be surrounded by friends and family who love her and are excited to watch her take this step.
I have two (almost three) beautiful, healthy children.
Despite everything that might happen in a day, my favorite thing is to snuggle with them at night.
I love that my kids adore my husband.
I am blessed with a husband who fears the Lord
He is constantly guiding our family towards the path God is leading us, no matter how difficult.
And despite all the things I could list that he 'does not', God knows that this man is exactly what I need.
I am blessed with land that allows my kids to be free.
We have animals that teach us all the value of hard work.
We have met so many friends on this farming journey that have blessed us in ways they'll never know.
These are only a few of the hundreds of things my heart is full of tonight. I am just happy to know that my God knows what I need, but also gives me the desires of my heart.
So, so blessed.
4 weeks ago






No comments:
Post a Comment